Tuesday, February 14, 2012


Happy Saint Valentines Day! xoxo~The Romantic Farm





For Love is Heaven and Heaven is Love~Sir Walter Scott


So many of us today, myself included tend to get caught up and overwhelmed by the expectations that we put on ourselves to create "The Perfect"family celebration, no matter what the holiday maybe. Saint  Valentines Day is no exception, we have an unrealistic view that if we do not receive an expensive card, flowers, candy or even diamonds that in some way we have failed, thus creating a sense of
unhappiness.We now have a society filled with people who HATE the special day for Love. I'm most certain that this breaks Cupids Heart.......................................................................................................


Today February 14, 2012 I ask each one of you no matter single or in a relationship to do something to show yourself that you, Love You! it does not have to be expensive, it doesn't have to cost a thing. I have only one rule it MUST be for you alone, you are NOT to share! So Take a walk or get out paper &  pen,  pour your heart out and see what makes your heart fill with joy. Trust me you'll be happier and that will make those around you happy as well.........................................................................................


For myself I enjoy a pot of Rose Tea and an afternoon curled up with a good mystery or perhaps reading one of my favorite magazines  or better yet flipping through a Vintage magazine and remembering days gone by.............................................................................................................






For my  family simple is best , or what I call small tokens of love! Silly Valentines, fresh baked Pink & Red cupcakes topped with sprinkles, candy kisses and homemade Valentines  with extra glitter!


No matter what you do today I hope you will have a heart filled with Love & Joy!


It's time for my afternoon tea and Yes, Invited Cupid!

2 comments:

  1. I do not enjoy this day much, but I did a few things today that i enjoyed...spending time with my girls, eating healthier, and smiling often. Happy Valentine's Day to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, Adrienne! Though I am of the firm belief that all of our holidays are way overdone and commercialized to the -nth degree, I do love celebrating them as simply and sweetly as possible! Today two of my grandchildren and I made cards for their parents and great-gramma by creating heart handprints. Then we made peanutbutter and honey hearts. It was a special Valentine's Day! Hope yours was lovely too!

    ReplyDelete